hands dirty in online shopping.
With increase in trait of online shopping it brings a bunch of dilemmas for the business. And the biggest struggle is selecting the right e-commerce platform as per their need and budget for the online store as there are abundant platforms available in market which adds confusion in the process.
A biggest mistake one make is to settle down with wrong choice of platform that does not fit your online business.
With stepping out in search of a perfect e-commerce platform for your e-commerce there are various parameters that are to be considered as an important factor in webstore.
To reduce your burden, we have analysed various platforms according to the parameter and have decided to compare the popular e-commerce to help you decide which platform perfectly suit your business and brings laurels to your business.
Shopify is proud to have been continuously able to meet the rise in demands over years. Today Shopify is one of the best and reliable e-commerce platforms serving 325,000 of businessmen all over the world.
Shopify is a hosted shopping cart which means all the codes are issued by the Shopify. It provides you the full control of coding your site. Being one of the most dynamically developing e—commerce platform, Shopify is famous for ground-breaking and implementing new features first.
- More than 100+ professional theme.
- Stores are mobile friendly.
- You can edit HTML and CSS directly.
- Provides Inbuilt hosting service.
- Full Blogging Platform.
- Friendly to SEO and its users.
- Unlimited Bandwidth.
- Site analytics.
- Shopify owns comprehensive e-commerce tools with 1400+ apps in their App Store.
- Free hosting
- No HTML or CSS is off-limits.
- Huge number of payment gateway options.
- 24*7 community support.
- Offers 14 days trial.
- Expensive as compared to other e-commerce platforms.
- Hosting service is not free in Shopify.
- Higher transaction fees compared to other platforms.
- Themes and plugins available in a limited amount.
- Majority of plugins are expensive.
Shopify Prices and extra costs
Picture Credits: Cart2Cart
WooCommerce is an open source, extendable e-commerce Plugin for WordPress designed for small to large-sized online merchants. WooCommerce powers total 28% of all online store with 51,818,738 downloads.
WooCommerce is a plugin, and not a standalone e-commerce platform, like Shopify, which means that you need to handle a couple of things before getting to work with WooCommerce itself.
- Bundled with payment gateways like PayPal, BACS.
- Options to offer free shipping or flat rate shipping.
- Reporting on incoming sales, reviews, inventory levels and general store performance.
- Configure tax settings with tax classes and local tax rates.
- Marketing campaigns
- Installation very fast, within a minute
- Highly secured Plugin
- Provides full control over its content
- Compatible with all versions of WordPress
- Nicely organized reports that re carefully filtered in specific categories: sales by date, by product, by category, coupons by date, etc.
- WordPress update require along with WooCommerce.
- Visual tabs irritate force users to edit HTML files for images.
- Non-programmer pays for customization.
- Maintenance is website’s owner responsibility.
- Some extensions are not free in WooCommerce.
Magento is modern and the friendliest e-commerce platform today. Flexible for B2C, B2B, and hybrid solutions. Magento supports multiple currencies and tax rates per location, product type or customer group.
Magento also gives additional services such as flexible shopping card system, control on personalization, contents and much more. Magento Web Development is a powerful marketing tool along with SEO and Catalog management tool. Also, it is a large-scale enterprise SAS based system.
- Responsive structure (available on iPhone, iPad, Android, and mobile HTML5 pre-integrated).
- Fully customizable design, using templates.
- Customer segmentation, targeted promotions and merchandising available.
- Automated email marketing reminder.
- Private sales features (restrict catalog to a specific customer).
- Multiple wish lists.
- Content management system integrated.
- Polls and customer groups.
- Unlimited product attributes.
- Easy to install
- Additional Layouts
- Provides various gateways
- Flexible for scalable e-store solutions
- Gives additional plugins
- Free to download and use
- Complex tool or system
- Customization needs an expert
- To host with Magento need dedicated VPS server.
- Needs a lot of space for installation.
Started in the year 2008, OpenCart is an open source, scalable, downloadable e-commerce platform that’s free for everyone to own, upgrade and us. OpenCart is accepted by around 11,555 websites. The platform is considered to be the easiest to use and user-friendly for the emerging business, offering simple toolbars which make setting up websites and online s tore easy.
OpenCart is a light platform and requires add-ons in order to perform high-level functions. The platform offers powerful catalog functionality and a good seamless processing for order processing.
- Unlimited categories
- Unlimited products and categories
- 18,000+ extensions available
- More than 20 payment Gateway
- Multi-currency supported
- Products review and product ratings More than 8 shipping methods
- PCI compliant
- Multiple tax rates
- Sales report
- It’s simple to set up as compared to other e-commerce platforms, also you can quickly bolt on new themes and plugins to change the representation or feature-set of your site.
- It is a neat platform for those who do not belong to the technical background.
- OpenCart offers excellent documentation.
- Multistore option
- Does not have a good functionality.
- While updating too, too many errors encountered.
- Paid plugins even cause errors while updating.
- An optimized version, compare to other platforms.
- Caching and SEO functions require extension.
While rounding up this article, we want you to know no matter how many comparisons you read about the only one to finalize the platform will always be your right developing partner.
With an expertise in making your e-commerce business right, in a way that leads you to more sale we have touched the hearts of millions with our quality of service.
To know more, contact us!